skip to primary navigationskip to content

Non-UK students

Non-UK students

If you are an undergraduate registered on a UK course, and are expected to return to your studies, it is normal for you have the right to work in the UK out of term time without a work permit.

Work permit regulations for undergraduate vacation work

If any employer requires further information you should refer them to the UK Government Home Office website.  There is a general page which covers visa and immigration requirements for Non EU students here

The government has a useful webpage providing information about the Tier 4 (general) visa. It also has a link to a detailed PDF document of which the 'Vacation work' section is relevant to Cambridge University Engineering students.