skip to content

Industrial Placements


Migration into the Engineering Tripos

Students who wish to transfer to Part IIA of the Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Triposes from another Tripos must seek advice from the Industrial Placements Coordinator before applying to transfer. The Coordinator will advise whether any vocational experience which they have undertaken to date can be counted towards the industrial or equivalent experience requirement.


COVID-19 Adjustments to the Industrial Experience Requirement

The Faculty Board of Engineering have agreed that the Industrial Experience Requirement for entry into part IIA of the Engineering Tripos for the academic years 2020/21 and 2021/22 be reduced to 0 weeks.  This will also be applied for those who transfer into IIA of the Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Triposes.